What do you do to prevent or reduce a hangover. Overindulged this past weekend? It can happen to the best of us! Join me on Good Morning AZ as I share some natural remedies to help you feel better fast!
- Water! As you are out enjoying yourself, drink one glass of water with each alcoholic beverage. Have a glass of water on your bedside table to drink before bed, and drink lots of water the next day. Ideally drink half your weight in oz of water. Ie: if you weigh 100lbs, drink 50 oz of water.
- Lemon tea – drink this detox tea first thing in the morning, and throughout the day. This helps the liver and kidneys clean the body out. Ginger helps with any feelings of nausea. Cinnamon and apple cider vinegar help to balance the blood sugar. Choose from one or all of the ingredients below!
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Ginger (grated fresh or powdered)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Hot water
- Fruits and Veggies – eat mostly fruits and veggies throughout the day to let your body rest and repair from the damage the night before.
- Vitamins B & C – alcohol depletes B-Vitamins, and Vitamin C is full of antioxidants to help your body detox.
- Omega-3 – think fish oil, flax, chia seeds or walnuts. This is a powerful anti-inflammatory that can help to balance your body.
- Move your body! – sweating will help your body to flush the toxins out. Anything that increases blood flow is great, including massage, yoga, and cardio exercise.
board certified holistic nutrition Jolene Goring known as a leading integrated health and fitness, holistic nutrition and natural beauty expert based in Scottsdale, AZ.
18 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, with a BSc. Geophysics and Board Certification in Holistic Nutrition.
Also certified in personal training, group fitness, senior’s fitness, and sports nutrition.